Sunday, November 15, 2015

Love: Either Everyone's In OR Everyone's Out


This past week I was annoyed with someone, and it felt totally justifiable. I kind of suppressed it, pushed it to the back of my mind, and carried on with life. Then, at the end of the week, I had noticed I had been more edgy than is typical for me. I realized, that one annoyance, that one grievance, had spilled out across my whole life. 

After the tragedy that occurred in Paris on Friday the 13th, I took pause and could see that by holding this one person outside of Love I was holding everyone outside of it. That I was listening to MY inner terrorist instead of the voice for Love.

We are each one of us a Soul. Created by one Source. Some call it God, others Universe, The All Knowing, Allah, Goddess, all different names for the same thing: Love. Which created us in its image. Though, we were also given free will. The choice between, within ourselves, listening to the thoughts in our minds of either the inner terrorist or Love. Each of these thought systems are mutually exclusive. We move back and forth between them throughout our lives.

Most of us walk around not realizing we have a choice. Even those of us who have learned we have a choice still forget. When we become aware of the choice, we begin to gain our power and can learn to listen only to the thoughts of Love.

In A Course In Miracles Jesus says, "To hold a grievance is to forget who you are" (Lesson 68).

Buddha says, "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of harming another; you end up getting burned."

We are not guilty, shameful or bad for it. Though we do experience suffering within ourselves.

For me the first step is SEEING it. Then I pray. Give it over. Am willing to see differently, and let it go. Feeling guilty or shameful is more of the same; its still coming from the mind of the inner terrorist. This is a time to relax, spend some time in nature, read a book, take a bubble bath, watch a funny movie, and allow our mind to get tuned back into those thoughts of Love. Trust that everything will unfold for the best. It always does.

<3 Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment