Friday, July 24, 2015

Beautiful Hair and Skin Routine!

BUY HERE
Coconut Oil Spray and Indian Healing Clay
Im all in when it comes to natural beauty routines. Here is one that I heard about and started doing weekly. Coconut oil hair mask. Wow, it has made a difference! It has also  just become even easier with a new hack I learned on Pinterest: using SPRAY coconut oil instead of coconut oil from a jar (Im also really loving using it as a skin moisturizer too!).

So once a week I slather my hair with coconut oil, put it up over night, wake up and shampoo it out (I have to shampoo twice to wash it all out). I don't know about you, but I have continuously heard about the importance of deep conditioning hair to keep it healthy, strong and shiny. The only thing is, most store bought conditioning treatments are loaded with unnecessary chemicals that actually cause damage in the long run. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is as natural as it gets.

Benefits of Coconut Oil use for hair include:

-stimulates hair growth (especially if we massage our scalp for a few minutes while applying)
-adds luster, shine and softness to hair
-prevents protein loss in both damaged and healthy hair
-cooling effect for those with scalps that sweat excessively
-heals dandruff
-nourishes dry hair and minimizes dry ends
-slows down/ prevents hair loss


All of this from a totally natural, organic, nourishing source!

While my hair soaks in this healing nectar, my face gets some loving of its own. I mix equal parts bentonite clay with organic raw apple cider vinegar, and apply it all over my face. This mixture is amazing. It dries out so intensely that I can't even use expression (which is why I look so serious in the above picture). The bottle says to leave it on for 20 minutes, but I tend to go rogue, leaving it on for 1-1.5 hours while I putter around and get things done.

Bentonite Clay is amazing for the skin, as is apple cider vinegar. Combined these two are my super hero savior. They work together to draw out impurities, shrink pores, and the morning after doing this my skin always looks radiant, and any emerging blemishes dry right up and  disappear.

Just a simple, inexpensive, at home spa. My hair is healthier, stronger and shinier then it has ever been, and my complexion is continuously becoming consistently clear and even. A big part of this is eating a nourishing, healthy diet (all beauty and health starts at the end of our fork), though simple, natural routines like these really give things an ample boost.

<3 Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment